LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Dandelion Tea

When we lived in the USA, the lawn outside our home would often get crowded with dandelions. Dandelions have yellow flowers which ripen into puffs that children love to blow on JUST to see the seeds float off with the wind. Wherever a seed settles, another dandelion will grow, much to the dismay of people who like immaculate lawns.

I love dandelions. The French call them Pissenlit, literally PeeInTheBed. The French know what they are talking about because dandelions do help you clear water from your body. Not only that, they stimulate the liver to clean the blood of toxins. French people can buy dandelions from the supermarket in big bunches and they eat them too, in salads with a variety of interesting viniagrettes... and you wonder why French women are slim and have lovely complexions?

The first time I had dandelion tea, my body's response was violent. I had diarrheoa about three times that night. I suppose it was because there was so much dirt in my bloodstream because ever since then, it has not happened again. I felt good though, after the purging. I felt lighter and clearer headed. And ever since then, I've taken it every month to clear excess oestrogen from my bloodstream and preempt the tiredness, moodiness, water retention, aches and pains that come with many women's monthly cycle. Sometimes, I forget. In those months, I suffer greatly because of the excess oestrogen in my bloodstream. Clearing waste on the morning after the months's first dose of dandelion always feels like having a fever pass from my body, a feeling of tense heat carried away by a concatenation of corrosive acids all lumped in one black mass with yesterday's foods. And my body feels cool and clean on the inside. Friends with gout have taken dandelion with good results. And I believe my regular intake has contributed to my very low cholesterol levels despite a diet high in animal protein.

The best thing though is that dandelion is cheap and easily grown. If I was sure my lawn in USA hadn't had all sorts of herbicides and pesticides poured on it, I would have eaten every bit of dandelion faster than it could grow! Now, I live in the tropics and I have no lawn. So I have to buy something that God gave us in abundance because He knew that it was good.

12 comments:

L said...

Hi!

I'd like to ask where dandelion tea can be bought in Singapore. Do you boil the leaves, roots, or just use the pre-packed variety?

Thanks a lot!

p/s: I like your posts about the Jack Neo debacle.

Petunia Lee said...

Daelight - I grow my own dandelions and use them as part of my salad mix now.

Previously I sourced them from US websites and brought them in via VPostUSA.

Hope that helps!

L said...

I see. Thanks!

Unknown said...

Hi,

Any recommendations on which brand or what website to buy from for the dandelion tea?

Thanks!

saggiorpiio said...

Hello~ I found your blog while searching for a source of dandelion leaves in SG.

May I ask, how did the US websites deliver them to you? Were the shipping costs expensive?

I'm in need of some dandelion leaves right now, but growing them takes time. Are u still growing your own dandelion? If you do, do you mind selling me a bit of them? ><;;

Sorry for my abruptness, thank you for your time~

saggiorpiio said...

Hello~ I found your blog while searching for a source of dandelion leaves in SG.

May I ask, how did the US websites deliver them to you? Were the shipping costs expensive?

I'm in need of some dandelion leaves right now, but growing them takes time. Are u still growing your own dandelion? If you do, do you mind selling me a bit of them? ><;;

Sorry for my abruptness, thank you for your time~

Petunia Lee said...

Hi... try this site... http://www.dandeliontea.org. Postage is not too bad if you have an account with VPostUSA.

saggiorpiio said...

Thank you ^^

saggiorpiio said...

Hi again. When you bought yours were they dried ones for tea or fresh dandelion plants? I can't seem to find a site that supplies the fresh ones.

Petunia Lee said...

saggiorpiio - The sites don't sell dandelion live plants. I think it is against the law for private individuals like you and I to import live plants. I grew mine from seeds. Suppliers also don't sell seeds because dandelion is a weed and no one in the temperate countries would buy. They just need to go out into nature and harvest the seeds. I haven't had dandelion plants in my garden for a while now because the fresh leaves taste yucky and the plant is not easy to grow in our climate. A lot of work to eat a yucky veggie.

The teabags work fine.

saggiorpiio said...

I see. Thanks again :)

Petunia Lee said...

You're most welcome.