LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, May 9, 2009

My Farm House

Little Boy built me a house... with a garden, no less. And a nice set-up for al fresco dining too... no less. There is a pond with pebbles and stepping stones, water lilies and fat koi fish in them. Behind the house, is a yard. It has all my favourite vegetables: lady's finger, sweet potato leaves, salads of all sorts, grapes, rosemary, thyme, sage, tarragon, bay leaf. Right by the gate, in the front of the house, you can see a profusion of morning glories, petunias, wisteria and allamandas.

Inside the house, there are 2 storeys and an attic. The 7 bedrooms sleep 6 grandchildren and 2 happy old folks - me and my husband. There is a HUGE kitchen and we have THREE dogs.

My son built me a house for Mother's Day.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is very very sweet. =)

Chawanmushi said...

Awwww.... this is so heart warming ...

Petunia Lee said...

Thank you Sky, you echoed exactly my sentiments.

Chawanmushi... yeah... that's my grow-old dream!

Open Kitchen Concept said...

oh... so nice of him.. and.. the house is smiling.. i bet you must be too.. :)

Blur Ting said...

Oh, that's so nice! He must have heard you saying you would like a big farm house (I heard you saying this while visiting our farm) or seen how happy you are when you're visiting farmlands. Such a sweet child he is! So much imagination and talent too!

Petunia Lee said...

NewtoGardening, yup... I am smiling alright - from ear to ear! Blur Ting, you're right! He was inspired by my comment at your farm. The best and most fun thing was sitting by him and listening to him imagine all the fish in the pond and the lady fingers in the backyard. He has since added a swing!