LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, April 30, 2010

Toy Mania and Milo's Eloquence

I can't help it. I can't resist buying toys for Milo. The mound of toys is shaping up to be a mountain. Variously, there are tennis balls, 5 cloth balls, a tug ball with rope at both ends, a tug rope, a squeaky newspaper, a teddy bear, a nylon chew toy, a rawhide bone.

Some friends came by last week and saw him. I proudly asked "Don't you think he's such a cute baby?"

"No!" they said, giving me this queer look (like I was somewhat deranged). "He's a big scary dog, that's what he is!" But when I look in his face, I can still see the little puppy that sat on my lap and peered up at me. He has the body of a big dog but the facial expressions of a roly poly puppy. Look! How can this not be cute?!



And he behaves like one too. Last night, I overheard the soliloquy he gave sitting at the door of The Daughter's bedroom. There was a whole range of eloquent barks... from squeaky (pleeeez play with me...) to deep (PLAY with me) to odd howls that started deep and ended squeaky (PLAY with me pleeeeeez?) and other howls that started squeaky and ended deep (pleeeeeeez won't you PLAY WITH ME). But The Daughter was tired and had crashed out on her bed. She missed the entire performance.

My dog is a star debater.

5 comments:

Blur Ting said...

Oh, you proud mama! Milo is a lucky boy!!

Petunia Lee said...

Teehee! I am soooo immodest.

Malar said...

Hi Petunia,

Sounds like he is very playful & cute dog!
Malar

Petunia Lee said...

I think so... but not everyone does. I quite understand. He looks very fierce and barks real loud...

Open Kitchen Concept said...

Oh.. I still see his baby face too... Milo will be excited by your move when he gets his new playground, methinks..