LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Tea for 3 and 3 for Tea

Picture us upon the seats
Tea for 3 and 3 for tea
Me and you and she and me
Alone!
Nobody near us, discreet waitresses serve us
All friends and ladies on weekday escape
Until it became clear
That we had our mobile phones
Which ring

Alright, now sing that to this tune. And at the same time, check out the pictures here... and my exact feelings here and here.

I counted down too. I did! The afternoon passed so fast that before I knew it, it was 5.30 pm and I had to brave the peak hour traffic home humming to myself and feeling more relaxed than I have in many months.

I realised as the afternoon trotted past me, that everyone of us has been through a challenging few months since we last met. There were terrible health problems and there was the stress of making life work well enough for our loved ones and there were horrendous violations of personal rights. But somehow, spending 2.5 hours flitting from one topic to another made everything so alright, you know.

There was companionship and a sense of being cared for. And I went home so refreshed and after 2 pots of tea... completely unable to sleep.

2 comments:

Blur Ting said...

Oh, it was so much fun! Hey there were 4 of us! You forgot to count yourself!

Petunia Lee said...

Oh yes!! There were FOUR of us!! Haha!!