LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, December 19, 2011

Almond Meal Bread




Here is my 3rd attempt at making low carb bread using a mix of almond meal/flour. I used 100g of almond meal and 300g of white flour so it was still pretty carby. Blurting came by and I gave her half the loaf, which she walloped for lunch thinking it was low carb. She felt sleepy after. Sorry Ting!

It was quite a yummy bread. I cut bits of fresh rosemary into it and the whole loaf smelled like Provence. Hmmmmmmmmmm!!

When Ting Ting left, I made another bread. This time, with 200g of flour and 200g of almond meal. It is denser but still very bready. I am so relieved. I haven't had bread in 2 weeks because the earlier 2 attempts didn't look anything like bread and I just couldn't bring myself to eat them. I love bread. I miss bread. I look forwards to having toast tomorrow morning! Phew!!

6 comments:

Blur Ting said...

It was DELICIOUS! I ate up the whole thing already :-)

You make me wanna buy my own breadmaker so I can make delicious bread like you everyday!

Petunia Lee said...

Ting - Wow! That's fast! No wonder you are sleepy. I took one slice at dinner. That was all I could take. The next loaf with 200g almond meal was very dense. Can't eat too much!!

Petunia Lee said...

Theanne - No stress. I'll be fine if you say no too. I'm also not sure if the painting will fit into that spot, and I also need to get The Husband to agree to the purchase.

My Sinfonia said...

Poor you! SINK that teeth into that bread with lots of butter! heheh

Blur Ting said...

haha, I am greedy! Actually I ate up the crust (very yummy) and left the soft middle part for Rusty to nibble on. He loves it too.

Petunia Lee said...

Sinfonia - Yeahhhhh... that was what I did....