LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Milo's Muddy Escapade

One always has to co-ordinate carefully with people in the house before pressing the remote control to open the big gate. Someone has to lock Milo up at the back of the house you see. Else, Milo will do his graceful wolf lope with so much elegance that he looks slow mo, but is out of the house before you can close your mouth. The Husband would call the house phone 5 minutes before arriving. Soon, Milo learnt to dash out at the sound of the phone ringing near 7.30 or so. He would wait at the gate and we had to grab him and drag him to the lock-up. Then The Husband tried pulling up silently at the gate and make hand signals. No can do. Milo learnt to keep an eye out. And since his senses are sharper than mine, he often saw The Husband before I did.

I was careless today. I honked and since Milo did not appear, I opened the gate. In no time, Mr Elegant Slow Mo Dog was off into the jungle. I'm in no condition to run after him so I left the side gate open and went into the house. I figured that he would come home when he had played enough. Kids always do, especially if you're nice to them. Milo is a big kid and we're mostly nice to him.

He came back home panting joyfully covered head to toe in mud. He tracked muddy paw prints all over the patio floor and sat down to make a butt print. Then he looked at me happily. I'll bet that he would have told me all the highlights of his escapade then if he could talk. Anyway, he can't and he was dirty. I grabbed him and gave him a good long scrub. He smells good and has soft fur again.

We now have 3 teens in the house... Milo, The Daughter and Little Boy. They all like to go on their own escapades. It's best for me to just wait for them to be done and then they'll invariably come home to be with me.

4 comments:

Open Kitchen Concept said...

Awwwwww... Milo.. the teenager.. from such a wee little puppy. *Heart Melting. But then you know if I were outside your gate and Milo pounced out, even if in a friendly manner, I'd be really scared because he is such a strong dog I think I'd fall flat on my back!

Blur Ting said...

Haha, he had so much fun! He's such a smart dog :-) I bet he's going to do it again very soon.

When Rusty was living at the farm, he was caked in mud everyday but he was so happy then.

Petunia Lee said...

OKC - Yes... he has knocked us over before. Many times!!

Petunia Lee said...

Ting - He's always on the lookout to do that quick dash. I give up. I'll just wait till he's had his fun and decides to come home.