LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, April 11, 2013

No Knead Bread 2

I used Steve's No Knead Rosemary Bread recipe but I substituted rosemary with a mix of cumin and coriander and 5 spice powder. This is the spice mix I use for pulled pork here. Funnily enough, the bread turned out smelling very different from pulled pork. It smelled like a sort of exotic cinnamon roll.

Spice mix (1 teaspoon of each type of powder)

My dutch oven is big and the dough is soft. It sort of spreads out a bit and ends up looking like a ciabatta with big holes and chewy moist crumb. Only thing though was that it smelt very different and tasted sweet because of the extra tablespoon of sugar I popped into the mix.

The crust was thicker this time because I added steam into the dutch oven during the bake. All in all... this was a very delicious sort of spiced ciabatta. I shall call it Indian ciabatta in honour of my love for Indian food (which I find very hard to make well). Anyone can make a curry but it ain't easy to make a GOOD curry from scratch.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your spice mix sounds heavenly...so many years since I've used 5 spice powder!! I've ordered me a covered bread pan and a dough scraper so I'm ready to make this bread as soon as these items arrive. while I'm waiting I think I'll dry some Rosemary...so it will very fresh!

Petunia Lee said...

Theanne - Tried the bread yet?