LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Cotton Harvest

It's been difficult to find flattering clothes in the past few years. I've responded by turning into a slob and not looking in the mirror very much. Things came to a head when holding The Husband's hand I stared at ourselves in a mirror at Centrepoint. The Husband looked as handsome as he always has looked but I.... oh horrors... I looked a fright!

As soon as I could find the time, I spent an afternoon making Herculean effort shopping. It was ok I guess. I managed to find decent clothes... nothing very stunning but wearable. Neat and honest.

Then I came across a little booth at Thomson Plaza called Cotton Harvest by Gabriel Chiradeth. For the first time in years, I found flattering tee-tops. What sets the designs apart are the fabrics. These flow flatteringly around my over womanly curves. They hide whatever they should hide and flatter whatever can be flattered (which really isn't much at my age).

There are some innovative cuts, tucks and stitches that bring the material around the body in the most pleasing way possible. Gabriel tried to explain. I didn't really understand but well... I didn't need to. All I needed to know was that the tee-tops made me look good. I bought 2 pieces and then went back for 4... and then another 3. I gave 2 to The Daughter and her first response was a high pitched squeal - "Eeeeeeeeee... this is sooooo nice!!"

The clothes flatter me and her. We have very different shapes. Hers needs little flattering. Mine requires a lot.


You can't really see how nice the clothes are in the picture. The discreet nips, tucks and stitches that contribute to flow... are far from obvious. The quality of the flowing material is also not apparent. Believe me... these shirts look good on a woman (with too many curves) and another (with enough curves). It's something to recommend to blog readers... and Cotton Harvest is not paying me for advertising.

Instead, I've spent a fortune on them. Next time, I am gonna ask for more discount.


9 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hello Petunia, they look really comfortable also. Happy wearing them and I am sure you are :-) Btw I am happy to see the shopping cart in your blog. So far so good?

Petunia Lee said...

Stephanie - Thank you for your well wishes.

My Sinfonia said...

We do need to spruce occasionally don't we? Sometimes I think I have gone too 'country'.

Anonymous said...

always nice to find a shop that sells comfortable well made clothes...bravo!!!

Petunia Lee said...

Sinfonia - Yeah... we do need to spruce up once in a while. The older we get, the more the effort required. You, however, possess a natural elegance. You'll probably look great in a sack cloth... especially if designed by you.

Rachel Tan said...

Time to reward yourself to a trip to BKK!

Petunia Lee said...

Theanne - Yup! I agree. It saves me a lotta walking around!!

Petunia Lee said...

Rachel - Shopping in Bangkok. That's way too much effort required. I barely can manage the hassle of shopping for clothes here. The thought of traveling somewhere to buy clothes is stressful. I'm happy to find one shop that does clothes I like and then I keep going back. It used to be Rose of Sharon... then it was Giordano for years... and now, it's Cotton Harvest.

Celine said...

I can sooooo relate! If only people would take me as seriously as when I tidy up as when I m my scruffy no make-up self.... Shopping for clothes is such a hassle in life