LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Sweet Corn and Mugwort Leaves

I finally learnt that the term Sweet Corn, isn't just a nice way of saying "Corn". There really is such a thing as Sweet Corn. Mommy A spotted Cameron Highlands sweet corn at Kok Fah Vegetable Farm in Sungei Tengah, and she bought me a whole lot. The kernels can be crunched raw.

The sweetness of it was very surprising.

She had also found a bunch of mugwort leaves. Mugwort is a herb traditionally used to stimulate menstruation in people who have irregular periods and suppressed menstruation.  It is also supposed to relieve menstrual cramps and lower blood sugar. See HERE. Aside from its medicinal properties, the herb has a strong spicy flavour reminiscent of anisette.

I loved it!

A gift of sweet corn and mugwort leaves.

Mugwort omelette... for added creaminess I added evaporated milk and cheddar cheese.

Sweet corn kernels and mugwort salad, with a balsamic vinaigrette.

Grilled prawns with coriander and cumin.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I would not have cut the corns if I know you are taking pictures of them. Hahaha..

Eating mugwort leaves is an acquired taste. I am glad you like it as much as I do. ;)