LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, April 29, 2016

A Day In The Life of A Teacher

Please read this... HERE.

I completely understand. I have developed the skill of gently reminding parents to NOT call, drop me emails for any information that I have placed into the class website. This saves me literally hours of time. Parents find it convenient just to ask and get attention but with so many parents and each parent requiring attention, I would need a secretary/receptionist to answer just very simple questions already communicated online. Before I put my foot down, I would get calls from parents near midnight and Sundays.

This Teacher believes that she can make a difference. I respectfully beg to differ. I believe that no matter how GOOD, how PASSIONATE the teacher, the odds are stacked against him/her. There is no way to make a difference.

This is why the tuition industry is thriving despite the passion of teachers like her.

This is why Teachers need smaller classes. Put in smaller classes and the tuition industry will shrink.


2 comments:

Malar said...

Petunia, may be they expect some extra info when their call you! hahaha.... but to tell the truth your advices are so irresistible!

Petunia Lee said...

Hahaha! Thanks!