I have stopped making gluten free bread using xanthan gum and guar gum. The gums irritate my intestinal tract and give me stomach cramps and diarrhoea. I now have a new recipe with psyllium husk and flaxseed meal.
1 cup oat flour
1 cup sorghum flour
1/2 cup potato starch
1/2 cup tapioca starch
1/2 cup flax seed meal (buy the flax seed and blend into meal because flax seed meal turns rancid very fast)
1/2 cup psyllium husk
1/2 cup icing sugar
2 teaspoons yeast
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 cup warm water
(1) Fit the kitchen machine with a dough hook.
(2) Mix all dry ingredients well inside the kitchen machine.
(3) Mix all wet ingredients in a large bowl.
(4) Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients.
(5) Switch on the machine and let the dough hook knead until the mixture becomes a ball.
(6) Divide the ball into 2 halves and shape into 2 round balls.
(7) Sprinkle oat flour atop each ball.
(8) Let rise on parchment paper till double in volume.
(9) Preheat a cast iron dutch oven in an oven at 200 DegC for 30 minutes.
(10) Transfer the dough into the hot dutch oven. Cover tightly with the lid.
(11) Bake at 200 Deg C for 15 minutes. Bring the temperature down to 140 Deg C for 40 minutes.
Let dough double in volume.
Preheat dutch oven for 30 minutes at 200 Deg C.
Transfer to Dutch Oven and bake (with lid on) at 200 Deg C for 15 minutes and a further 40 minutes at 150 Deg C.